4: The Book of the Fours
XXIV. Deeds — AN 4.232: Deeds In Brief
- © Translated from the Pali by Bhante Sujato. (More copyright information)
1“Mendicants, I declare these four kinds of deeds, having realized them with my own insight. What four?
- There are dark deeds with dark results.
- There are bright deeds with bright results.
- There are dark and bright deeds with dark and bright results.
- There are neither dark nor bright deeds with neither dark nor bright results, which lead to the ending of deeds.
These are the four kinds of deeds that I declare, having realized them with my own insight.”
1"Cattārimāni, bhikkhave, kammāni mayā sayaṁ abhiññā sacchikatvā paveditāni. Katamāni cattāri? Atthi, bhikkhave, kammaṁ kaṇhaṁ kaṇhavipākaṁ; atthi, bhikkhave, kammaṁ sukkaṁ sukkavipākaṁ; atthi, bhikkhave, kammaṁ kaṇhasukkaṁ kaṇhasukkavipākaṁ; atthi, bhikkhave, kammaṁ akaṇhaasukkaṁ akaṇhaasukkavipākaṁ kammakkhayāya saṁvattati.
Imāni kho, bhikkhave, cattāri kammāni mayā sayaṁ abhiññā sacchikatvā paveditānī"ti.